The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Q. to Aperture gurus

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I am using Aperture 3.4.5

I am playing with an MS-Optical Perar presently—but how do I add lens info to the information contained in the 'info' tab?

The camera is correctly identified, but the lens field is blank, as are the focal length and EFOV fields. Is is possible to edit these fields once imported?

TIA, KL

Arjuna

I am not an Aperture guru. The Help files say: "Note: Not all metadata fields can be edited. Most EXIF metadata fields cannot be changed.", and that seems to correspond to my experience just now, when I gave it a try.

I am using Aperture 3.4.5

I am playing with an MS-Optical Perar presently—but how do I add lens info to the information contained in the 'info' tab?

The camera is correctly identified, but the lens field is blank, as are the focal length and EFOV fields. Is is possible to edit these fields once imported?

TIA, KL
The lens data fields are blank because the lens you are using has no mean to communicate with the camera.
To the best of my knowledge Aperture (as LR and many other similar programs) do not allow editing exif fields other than date/time info.
There are specialized SW to do that: I use Exif Changer and in the past I have used ExifTool.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Yes; I just spent an hour researching this and hoping that there might be a plugin for Aperture.

Ario, is exifchanger relatively easy/fast to use? I did check out ExifTool, but having to leave the Aperture environment is not optimal.

5 mins later: I did just use exifchanger to do this editing (did one; stamped the others); it works fine. Now I have to see whether it is worth the $40 to me. Thanks Ario.