Site Sponsors

Thread: Q. to Aperture gurus

Post Thanks / Like

Q. to Aperture gurus

I am using Aperture 3.4.5

I am playing with an MS-Optical Perar presently—but how do I add lens info to the information contained in the 'info' tab?

The camera is correctly identified, but the lens field is blank, as are the focal length and EFOV fields. Is is possible to edit these fields once imported?

TIA, KL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q. to Aperture gurus

I am not an Aperture guru. The Help files say: "Note: Not all metadata fields can be edited. Most EXIF metadata fields cannot be changed.", and that seems to correspond to my experience just now, when I gave it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kit laughlin View Post
    I am using Aperture 3.4.5

I am playing with an MS-Optical Perar presently—but how do I add lens info to the information contained in the 'info' tab?

The camera is correctly identified, but the lens field is blank, as are the focal length and EFOV fields. Is is possible to edit these fields once imported?

TIA, KL
    The lens data fields are blank because the lens you are using has no mean to communicate with the camera.
    To the best of my knowledge Aperture (as LR and many other similar programs) do not allow editing exif fields other than date/time info.
    There are specialized SW to do that: I use Exif Changer and in the past I have used ExifTool.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes; I just spent an hour researching this and hoping that there might be a plugin for Aperture.

Ario, is exifchanger relatively easy/fast to use? I did check out ExifTool, but having to leave the Aperture environment is not optimal.

5 mins later: I did just use exifchanger to do this editing (did one; stamped the others); it works fine. Now I have to see whether it is worth the $40 to me. Thanks Ario.

Post Thanks / Like

Kit,
    Exifchanger (stand alone) is only 10 US$, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to learn to pay more attention! Perfect; just purchased—thanks Ario; subject now closed!