Site Sponsors

Thread: Capture One, LCC, Stitching

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Capture One, LCC, Stitching

I use a Cambo WRS with a Leaf Aptus II 7 and do a lot of stitching.
    Until now I have used Leaf Capture and LIghtroom but I'm starting to look deeper into C1.

Lets say I have two images I want to stitch for a panorama, here's what I would like to do:

1. Apply LCC to both images.
    2. Make adjustments in C1 on one of the images and copy the adjustments to the other image.
    3. Process as 16bit TIFF and stitch in Photoshop CS6.

Is that at all possible?

I can of course apply the LCC's and make the adjustments on one of the images, but when I copy the adjustments and apply them to the other image things get screwed up. I have an idea that the LCC from the first image is being applied on top of the other creating heavy color casts.

It would be great to somehow be able to save the LCC to the images and make the rest of the adjustments on top of that, but either it's not possible or I'm not clever enough...

Thanks
    Peter

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Capture One, LCC, Stitching

You basically just need to reapply the LCC to the image that you copied all your adjustments to. If you go to the LCC / lens pane you'll see that the name of the file used for the LCC is probably the wrong one.

If you select copy & apply all adjustments from Adjustments menu you should have a dialog pop up where you can select what to copy & apply. Deselect the LCC.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Graham... The Deselect the LCC in the adjustments menu did the trick.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd add my few cents in on this as I do a lot of multiple capture/stitching/panoramas with my WRS. I'm uncertain as to your workflow so I'll share mine. I shoot an LCC for each image (each frame needs its own LCC as they move across the sensor). For those files I'll be working on I create a duplicate then apply the corresponding LCC. Working left to right (it just seems to work better for me) I then work on adjustments on the left before copying them on to the others. In short, the LCC is applied individually while the adjustments are copied.

I then save as a photoshop file 16bit Tiff and stitch in CS.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Don, I do my shooting the same way as you describe. Got the LCC problem figured out :-) Makes sense to work on duplicates as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Thought I'd add my few cents in on this as I do a lot of multiple capture/stitching/panoramas with my WRS. I'm uncertain as to your workflow so I'll share mine. I shoot an LCC for each image (each frame needs its own LCC as they move across the sensor). For those files I'll be working on I create a duplicate then apply the corresponding LCC. Working left to right (it just seems to work better for me) I then work on adjustments on the left before copying them on to the others. In short, the LCC is applied individually while the adjustments are copied.

I then save as a photoshop file 16bit Tiff and stitch in CS.

Don
    Perhaps this has been covered, but what do you do for white balance? My workflow is the same as yours, Don. However when I open RAW files (IQ 160) in C1, they have "Phase One P65+ Flash V2" as the default and the curve is "film standard".

In my workflow I change it to "Phase One P65+ Outdoor Daylight" and the curve to "Linear Response". I then use the eye dropper in the White Balance tab on the middle of the LCC for the frame and copy the "Outdoor Light", "Linear" and white balance adjustment to the frame (LCC was previously applied to the frame).

Is this how others set white balance or is there a better way?
    Thanks!
    Bob