The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One, LCC, Stitching

Pemihan

I use a Cambo WRS with a Leaf Aptus II 7 and do a lot of stitching.
Until now I have used Leaf Capture and LIghtroom but I'm starting to look deeper into C1.

Lets say I have two images I want to stitch for a panorama, here's what I would like to do:

1. Apply LCC to both images.
2. Make adjustments in C1 on one of the images and copy the adjustments to the other image.
3. Process as 16bit TIFF and stitch in Photoshop CS6.

Is that at all possible?

I can of course apply the LCC's and make the adjustments on one of the images, but when I copy the adjustments and apply them to the other image things get screwed up. I have an idea that the LCC from the first image is being applied on top of the other creating heavy color casts.

It would be great to somehow be able to save the LCC to the images and make the rest of the adjustments on top of that, but either it's not possible or I'm not clever enough...

Thanks
Peter

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You basically just need to reapply the LCC to the image that you copied all your adjustments to. If you go to the LCC / lens pane you'll see that the name of the file used for the LCC is probably the wrong one.

If you select copy & apply all adjustments from Adjustments menu you should have a dialog pop up where you can select what to copy & apply. Deselect the LCC.

Don Libby

Thought I'd add my few cents in on this as I do a lot of multiple capture/stitching/panoramas with my WRS. I'm uncertain as to your workflow so I'll share mine. I shoot an LCC for each image (each frame needs its own LCC as they move across the sensor). For those files I'll be working on I create a duplicate then apply the corresponding LCC. Working left to right (it just seems to work better for me) I then work on adjustments on the left before copying them on to the others. In short, the LCC is applied individually while the adjustments are copied.

I then save as a photoshop file 16bit Tiff and stitch in CS.

Don

Pemihan

Thanks Don, I do my shooting the same way as you describe. Got the LCC problem figured out :) Makes sense to work on duplicates as well...

rga

Thought I'd add my few cents in on this as I do a lot of multiple capture/stitching/panoramas with my WRS. I'm uncertain as to your workflow so I'll share mine. I shoot an LCC for each image (each frame needs its own LCC as they move across the sensor). For those files I'll be working on I create a duplicate then apply the corresponding LCC. Working left to right (it just seems to work better for me) I then work on adjustments on the left before copying them on to the others. In short, the LCC is applied individually while the adjustments are copied.

I then save as a photoshop file 16bit Tiff and stitch in CS.

Don
Perhaps this has been covered, but what do you do for white balance? My workflow is the same as yours, Don. However when I open RAW files (IQ 160) in C1, they have "Phase One P65+ Flash V2" as the default and the curve is "film standard".

In my workflow I change it to "Phase One P65+ Outdoor Daylight" and the curve to "Linear Response". I then use the eye dropper in the White Balance tab on the middle of the LCC for the frame and copy the "Outdoor Light", "Linear" and white balance adjustment to the frame (LCC was previously applied to the frame).

Is this how others set white balance or is there a better way?
Thanks!
Bob