The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom contact sheet

johnnygoesdigital

Hi to All,

I'm doing a marketing and tourism project and need several 8x10 contact sheets for submissions. Someone mentioned that LR4 has a feature where you can add the images you want and arrange the photos according to theme, content etc. then save or export. I've only used contacts when shooting film, but never digitally. Thanks for any input on how to do this.

erudolph

If you set up a collection in LightRoom and then select all of the photos in it, or even if you select photos in any other way, and then go to the Print module, you can output contact sheets. In LR5, if you want to output PDFs rather than actual prints, click the Printer button in the lower right of the window.

Hope this will get you started.

Godfrey

Hi to All,

I'm doing a marketing and tourism project and need several 8x10 contact sheets for submissions. Someone mentioned that LR4 has a feature where you can add the images you want and arrange the photos according to theme, content etc. then save or export. I've only used contacts when shooting film, but never digitally. Thanks for any input on how to do this.
I do digital contact sheets fairly often, curiously...mostly when I'm shooting film. :) They're easy to do.

- Select all the images you want on your contact sheet and add them to a new collection.

- Drag them into the order you want them to appear on the contact sheet.

- Do whatever adjustments you want to do on them.

- Switch to the Print module. Select All the photos

- Set up the page size and orientation to suit what you want.

- Set up the layout to size the images into the rows and columns you want.

- Set the Print Job module to output to JPEG, and set up the JPEG parameters for sizing and pixels-per-inch.

- Print, and save the file where you want it.

Not difficult. :)