The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good PP class in Southern California

asiafish

I was a very active photographer from the late 1970s, when I had my own darkroom, up until the late 1980s when I gave up the hobby. Recently I have gotten back into it and currently own an M8.2 with a Monochrom to follow soon.

Where I have really been left behind is on the computer end. Does anyone of a good day or weekend class in or near Southern California focusing on Lightroom, setting up digital asset management and efficient post-processing from RAW/DNG?

Since I work with a computer all day, every day (I'm an attorney), I'd to learn how to develop a fast and efficient workflow so that I can manage, process and then either print or export my images as quickly as possible with better than out-of-camera quality.

If no formal classes, is anyone in the Southern California area interested in giving a private lesson?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here are a couple of choices:

Charles Cramer is near Yosemite and teaches around California and at his home:

Workshops with Charles Cramer

Miami but one day and probably worth the trip:

overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard Photo Seminar in Miami, Florida

Thorsten notes in his listing above:

"Notice that there are seminars in Los Angeles August 25-28 2013 and February 2014 in San Francisco "

Camera West has a Digital Printing Workshop in October, should cover development of files for printing....

Hands On Printing Workshop | | Camera West , Walnut Creek & Rancho Mirage, CA

Some of the best online and downloadable sources:

George Jardine on Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography

KelbyTraining.com | The Leading Provider of Education for Photography and Creative Professionals Worldwide

LR4-5_Bundle

Acme Educational DVDs on Fine Art Photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom

Regards,

Bob

asiafish

Thanks to all who responded. I have some great suggestions for software and classes, and am set up for a private lesson this weekend.

Once I learn lightroom and the basics, I will definitely explore Capture One as well.