Site Sponsors

Thread: Problem with resampling images by Facebook..

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with resampling images by Facebook..

Ive a problem with quality of images uploaded to facebook. I tried several settings for image dimensions (long side 800-1300 px), DPI (72,300,350), settings for saving to JPG, but all the time facebook is resampling my uploaded images and downgrades image quality. Its clearly visible on pictographs in photograps or in places with similar colours.
    (http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/21...tml#post534365

Any suggestions how to solve this? In the past there was a limit 720px for a long side of images, larger images were automaticaly resampled by FB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problem with resampling images by Facebook..

I have been saving my photos at 2400 pixels for long edge at 112 dpi. I keep the format to sRGB, image quality to 90, and sharpening either zero or low for screen. Let me know if this works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problem with resampling images by Facebook..

Thank you for reply. 2400 px seems to me to much that Id be wiling to share on facebook because you dont know exactly what they can do with these "bigger" files. So for sharing on facebook Id like to stay with pictures about 1000-1200+- px for long edge. How do you come to 112 dpi? Its some experience by other users?