The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem with resampling images by Facebook..

aCIDfire

I´ve a problem with quality of images uploaded to facebook. I tried several settings for image dimensions (long side 800-1300 px), DPI (72,300,350), settings for saving to JPG, but all the time facebook is resampling my uploaded images and downgrades image quality. It´s clearly visible on pictographs in photograps or in places with similar colours.
(http://www.getdpi.com/forum/leica/21559-s-show-us-your-s2-shots-34.html#post534365

Any suggestions how to solve this? In the past there was a limit 720px for a long side of images, larger images were automaticaly resampled by FB :(

Jaladhi

I have been saving my photos at 2400 pixels for long edge at 112 dpi. I keep the format to sRGB, image quality to 90, and sharpening either zero or low for screen. Let me know if this works for you.

aCIDfire

Thank you for reply. 2400 px seems to me to much that I´d be wiling to share on facebook because you don´t know exactly what they can do with these "bigger" files. So for sharing on facebook I´d like to stay with pictures about 1000-1200+- px for long edge. How do you come to 112 dpi? It´s some experience by other users?