The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two 27inch monitors vs. One 30inch NEC

ocarlo

In the midst of happily building my editing setup, I now decided to go for the
monitor. With prices cheaper in advance of the incoming LED model, already
a 301 NEC 30incher with calibration package + monitor hood would be $740
cheaper than the incoming 302 LED model.
I went to B&H today and found out that:

1. hmm, the 27inch model isn't actually not too far off from a 30incher,
perceptively, and in fact I would really have to back off from the 30incher.
As I'd be working with images in 16:9, somehow the 27incher "felt" more naturally widescreen than the 30incher.
2. The price of TWO 27inch monitors + one monitor hood + one calibration package comes out to $143 cheaper than ONE 301 30inch monitor with calibration and hood!!

I imagine I could have tools sets on one monitor, and a full screen preview on the other..

Before I pull the trigger, I'd love to hear from folks working with dual monitors about their experiences.
I'll be working on Phase One RAW files primarily for two months - then switching to Final Cut for a film edit.
thanks all.

Stan ROX

Personal oppinion: I never got used to a two-monitor approach. I have one 30" HP monitor and do calibrating on a rather loose approach - so I would go definitely for a single monitor with an easier calibration support. Imagine the time to spend on calib two monitors ...

S.
stanROX.com