The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HDR for perfectionists :)

Ben Rubinstein

I'm a PC man so can't try this but has anyone here used SNS-HDR (my current gold standard for normal looking tone mapping) and this program and can compare?

250swb

It looks fantastic, and you sold it to me, except, you didn't. I was a bit crestfallen when I went to pay and found it was only for a Mac.
:(

Steve

Pemihan

Torger,

Does Lumariver read the embedded calibration files from Leaf and Phase backs?

Peter

torger

Does Lumariver read the embedded calibration files from Leaf and Phase backs?
It's done for Phase One backs (.IIQ format), but not for .MOS Leaf backs. We use dcraw as a backend and the IIQ format has a more detailed decoder than the MOS format has.

If someone don't know what "calibration files" is: it's information embedded in the back about gain variations (centerfold issues and the like) and dead pixels on the sensor which then can be corrected in software. However it's quite likely that a back can do well without these calibrations as the hardware at this level is supposed to have quite high quality :). I use .MOS format myself and thus don't get any calibrations applied but still don't have any problems. If you need the calibrations applied for .MOS you currently need to pass through Adobe's DNG converter.

torger

It looks fantastic, and you sold it to me, except, you didn't. I was a bit crestfallen when I went to pay and found it was only for a Mac.
I'm sorry that we cannot fulfill this at the moment :(. The requests for a windows version has been coming in more frequently than we expected so it's certainly an option we consider, but we'll need some time to do it. Primarily we'll focus on supporting our current and coming user base and provide some feature upgrades.

torger

We've just released version 1.1.0, it has the following changes:

• Tooltips added, hover with the mouse pointer over any control to get some quick documentation.
  • Drag-and-drop support for adding images.
  • Support for changing DCP camera profiles at raw import.
  • Image preview in raw import (to preview white balance, DCP etc).
  • Support for more raw formats.
  • Tone curve (highlight brightness and contrast) now a DNG style curve, rather than RGB. In other words film-like behavior of the tone curve without he colorshift problems an RGB curve has.
  • Exposure and tone curve auto-set to a "out-of-camera"-like result at first raw import, to show a user-friendlier first result. Exposure and sliders at 0 still means a fully neutral rendering with preserved reconstructed highlight range (which often is quite dark and dull before tonemapping).
  • Tone curve sliders rebalanced such that 50% on highlight brightness and contrast mimics a typical default curve used by cameras and raw converters.
  • "Adjusted input" in the tonemapping tab will only have adjusted exposure (in 1.0 it could in some circumstances have adjusted contrast too).
  • Renamed "normal merge" to "balanced merge" (algorithm unchanged).
  • Add images menu option (same as Add images button).
  • "Align" button always visible, but disabled when it cannot be used (to make informative tooltip visible).
  • Changed white balance tint setting to work "Adobe" style with a (useful) range of -150 (green cast) to +150 (magenta cast).
  • Exposure can now be set to negative (note that it will bring down clip levels below max, it's generally better to adjust contrast or reduce tonemapping strength instead).
  • Locale cleanups.
  • Various minor bug fixes.