The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LCC dust removal problem

Pemihan

I'm shooting with a tech cam and always apply LCC in C1 and always make sure I click dust removal as well.
On first glance it looks fine however especially when converting to B&W with a bit of contrast the dust spots shows up anyway.

When applying LCC in Leaf Capture this has never been an issue..

Am I missing something?

Peter

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Peter,

Your best bet may be to open a support ticket with Phase One. Send them examples and they will (in my experience) get to the bottom of it.

Good luck,

Matt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
So one thing to be aware of -- the C1 dust tool knows the difference between a dust spot on the sensor and a spot on the image OR lens!

I once had this issue and was peeved, but realized I was trying to spot a large fly that had buzzed into frame just as I clicked the shutter. It was not in focus, but 100% view revealed it to be a very fuzzy buzzing fly. I suspect larger dust bunnies on a lens will be treated in the same fashion and ignored by the dust removal tool.

Pemihan

Thanks Matt & Jack,

I will open a support ticket with P1 and see what they have to say. Will post the result here.

Jack, it is dust spots I'm seeing, no doubt about it... :)

Peter