The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom cropping masks

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Lightroom has an excellent tool set to check and try different compositions. Its under the cropping alternatives in the develop module.

A while back someone posted a link that described the "triangle" composition and showed how to use it with examples. I have searched but it must be embedded in another thread. can anyone point me to it?

tollie

Workshop Member
Hi,

perhaps you are referring to the various crop overlays which guide you in cropping?

These are available at:view>crop guide overlay,

You then have a choice of overlays including thirds, triangle, golden ratio... and so forth.

Unless you have activated the crop tool these options are grayed out.

Cheers,

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Hi,

perhaps you are referring to the various crop overlays which guide you in cropping?

These are available at:view>crop guide overlay,

You then have a choice of overlays including thirds, triangle, golden ratio... and so forth.

Unless you have activated the crop tool these options are grayed out.

Cheers,
Thats what I was speaking about ..the triangle. Someone made a reference to the triangle as the "new best practice" and referenced an article that showed how it was being used in advertising layouts. I know how to use the LR tool but was interested in finding the article on composition. I just can t find the thread.