The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Pro 7 License

felix5616

Capture one pro is running a discount. If i order capture one pro 7 how many computers can i install the software to?

fotoism

IIRC you can activate C1 on two computers but you can only use the software on one machine at a time.

Remko

IIRC you can activate C1 on two computers but you can only use the software on one machine at a time.
That is not my experience, Phil.

I have CO Pro activated on my desktop computer and on my laptop and am able to use both. I do not have to do anything with CO on my desktop if I want to use it on my laptop vice versa.

Just to make sure that there was not a verification process going on in the background, I just opened CO on both my desktop computer and on my laptop. On both I could open a session without a problem.

Installed version of CO is 7.2.2

cheers,
Remko

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
the basic license allows use on two computers at a time. you can activate/de-activate on a computer by computer basis and therefore have it on even more, but only two can be active at a time. of course the phase one back provide a free version that can be used in addition (they work outside the license limits) but that version will only work with Phase files

fotoism

You can install C1 in any number of computers, but you can only activate on two at any given time. If you want to use C1 on a third computer you have to deactivate C1 in one of the two computers you already activated on.

Also, as mentioned by Stephen, the software does not restrict you from running C1 on both computers concurrently, but the agreement clearly states that:
"...The Single User License can only be used on one computer at a time. However, it may be installed on up to 2 computers....".

This can be found on page 6 of the English version License Agreement which you can download from here.

Of course it is up to the user if he/she wants to adhere to the Agreement strictly.