The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera Raw shows cleaner images

Rawfa

I've just realized that when I process my photos on adobe camera RAW I can get high iso images really clean, but when I finish treating the image and click on "open" to open the exact the file on photoshop it shows a lot more noise...which is absurd. I'm sure there HAS to be a way to fix this, like change photoshop's color settings to match camera raw or something. Any thoughts?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I assume that you have the newest versions of Camera Raw and PS?

It may be that the larger view of the file in PS shows the noise...is it mainly in Luminance or the Color channels?

You may look at each channel individually and see if there is less noise in one as opposed to another...try blue or red ...discard the others revert to RGB based on this channel and then convert to your Sepia tone.

I would also try the newest LR and see if individually adjusting Luminance and Color noise then editing in PS gives you a better outcome....this is my preferred way to work as Camera Raw is a bit limiting.

Regards,

Bob

Rawfa

Sadly, it's not the larger view. I've resized the windows and it still happens.

I've tried working with LR before and it's really not for me. But I fail to see how something as paramount as this doesn't have a fix.

mbroomfield

Are you specifically going to 100%? On page 502 of this 1061 :confused: page help doc it says to use 100%

"When making noise reduction adjustments, first zoom in on the preview image to at least 100% to see the noise reduction previewed"

Pre-CC version
http://help.adobe.com/archive/en/photoshop/cc/2013/photoshop_reference.pdf
CC version (page 309)
http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

Can you post a 100% screen shot crop of both ACR and the opened image?

If this is not the issue then I would contact Adobe. I did a quick search on 100% Preview in the Adobe forum and didn't find anything.