The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange color correction in photoshop/lightroom

obskr

Hello All.

THis forum is great, I hope that you can give me some insight, perhaps its a super easy problem to fix I dont know.

I am trying to open a .dng file on my macbook pro.

I use photoshop cs6 / lightroom 3.

Whenever I try to open these photos which are taken with 5D mark III there are strange things happening to the picture... If I open with mac's built in preview program, the photo appear to be correct.

When I open the picture in photoshop or lightroom, it looks completely different and quite frankly terrible... Could anyone advise me what coudl be the problem? I have tried to change the color profile in photoshop and nothing helps....

Hoping for your help!!!

Preview version :

Photoshop/lightroom version :

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
It looks somehow you are missing the "Green Channel".
Make sure all the channels are active and if possible post a screen capture from your preview programm.

Best,

obskr

I'm not sure how to check that.... This is both in photoshop.... You can see the channels, and when I press convert to grey-scale this happens.. Something is very strange.

Please check attached photos..

Any ideas ? Thank you!

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
There are so many factors involved here , and the information you are giving is not enough to pinpoint the problem.
Can you open other type of files like Jpeg or Tif in Photoshop?
If you shot Raw+Jpeg, can you open the Jpeg files without problem in Photoshop?
Are you shure your Dng converter works properly?
Have you tried to download Dng files from internet and open them in your Lr?
Have you tried to download Cr2 files from internet and convert them to Dng and then open them in Lr?
It’s also a good idea to check the Cr2 files from your camera in another program like C1. The version of your Lr is too old and outdated.
I believe if you do these tests you will find out the source of the problem.
You can also upload one of your Cr2 files to be tested by other photographers.
_______
Manouch