The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 6.3 now available

Tim

I've been listening to the Petapixel podcast and he has complained that LR has slowed tremendously.
The catalog function seems to take a long time and other functions just not great.

Is this other users experience also?

He is asking they do a re-write.

Godfrey

I've been listening to the Petapixel podcast and he has complained that LR has slowed tremendously.
The catalog function seems to take a long time and other functions just not great.

Is this other users experience also?

He is asking they do a re-write.
I've had LR 6.3 on my system since the day after I picked up the SL. I haven't noticed any difference in performance compared to LR 6.1.1. Seems to be just about the same, with a few bug fixed that were annoying me.

G

archiM44

I've had LR 6.3 on my system since the day after I picked up the SL. I haven't noticed any difference in performance compared to LR 6.1.1. Seems to be just about the same, with a few bug fixed that were annoying me.

G
I haven't noticed a very great slowing down, but after using Capture One 9 Lightroom now comes over as a very lame turtle.

gnuyork

LR6 is a bit more sluggish on my system compared to LR4. I only use LR6 currently when I need the features it has, otherwise I default to LR4 which is snappy.