Site Sponsors

Thread: 10bit in OSX el-capitan?

Post Thanks / Like

10bit in OSX el-capitan?

so 10 bit monitors have been enabled in el-capitan but you need a newish graphics card and a new iMac.
    intrigued by this i downloaded a 10bit ramp test tiff which shows you if you can display 10 bit images.
    i have an ‘old’ eizo CG241w and a macbook pro retina from 2013 with the 2 graphics cards (nvidia gt650m)

this is a screen grab of the test image in up to date CS photoshop and a demo of affinity photo.
    so it would appear 10bit is enabled in CS photoshop and some ‘old’ computers monitors?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 16.02.18.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	115070  
    never trust the opinion of anyone who lists a load of gear in their forum signature. Dealers do not email me asking to buy your products.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10bit in OSX el-capitan?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    so 10 bit monitors have been enabled in el-capitan but you need a newish graphics card and a new iMac.
    intrigued by this i downloaded a 10bit ramp test tiff which shows you if you can display 10 bit images.
    i have an ‘old’ eizo CG241w and a macbook pro retina from 2013 with the 2 graphics cards (nvidia gt650m)

this is a screen grab of the test image in up to date CS photoshop and a demo of affinity photo.
    so it would appear 10bit is enabled in CS photoshop and some ‘old’ computers monitors?
    thank you, it works for me too 2009 mac pro with ati 5770 and nec 271 & eizo 242. the affinity team has promissed to add 10 bit support soon. they will ad 32bit support in early 2016...
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/affinity-be...DR+Preview.mov