The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help getting LR 6

rollsman44

I have an Adobe Photography Plan I pay 9.99 month which Includes LR 5 and PS Cloud. I don't need PS as I don't use it. I am trying to get
LR6 and not sure the Best way to get it. I need LR 6.1 and above. I can't load my Fuji XT-10 Files in LR 5. Wont open. I am not sure if I should Cancel that plan and just purchase LR6 ( where is the BEST Deal ? ) Thank you

Godfrey

I have an Adobe Photography Plan I pay 9.99 month which Includes LR 5 and PS Cloud. I don't need PS as I don't use it. I am trying to get
LR6 and not sure the Best way to get it. I need LR 6.1 and above. I can't load my Fuji XT-10 Files in LR 5. Wont open. I am not sure if I should Cancel that plan and just purchase LR6 ( where is the BEST Deal ? ) Thank you
As far as I'm aware, you cannot "upgrade" from LR5CC to LR6 standalone directly.

You will have to delete the Creative Cloud package (don't worry, it doesn't delete your existing LR catalogs or image files), buy the Lightroom 6 standalone app, install it, and then update to the latest (depending upon how Adobe packages the LR app download).

For instructions on buying LR as a perpetual license, standalone app, go to this page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-single-app-Lightroom-6.html

LR is inexpensive enough that I just buy it straight from Adobe and don't worry about it... Getting it from third party sources is somewhat problematic and doesn't save much if anything.

G

rollsman44

Thank you very much. I should Delete the LR 5 application ? Is there any problem if I just keep LR 5 and Buy and Install LR6 ?
Thank you

Godfrey

Thank you very much. I should Delete the LR 5 application ? Is there any problem if I just keep LR 5 and Buy and Install LR6 ?
Thank you
It's not LR5 vs LR6 that's the problem, it's CC vs perpetual license that can cause problems.

Yes, you should delete the CC installation. I have heard many accounts of people trying to keep both installed and running into problems.

And the CC-based apps will stop working when you stop paying the subscription price anyway. Why keep them around?

G