The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question on "Raw Therapee" 4.2

DBF

I had the Chance to make some Photos with the Phase One 100MP Camera System.
But I have got Problem with my Computer - it is not possible to install the Capture One Software - the new Phocus from Hasselblad also not.
I have to bring my Computer to Service, because I was not able to fix it - will take some Time to get this done.
But I want to compare the Pictures now to those I made with my H3DII50. For that Test I made the same Pictures with both Cameras.
I found the "Raw Therapee" -Software and installed it. I did not Change any Settings of the Software - opened the Files and exported them as 16 bit TIFF, which i than could open in Photoshop CS5.

The Pictures from my Hasselblad look very similar (the same?) compared to TIFF`s that I "produced"with Phocus 2.9, that runs without Problems on my PC.
But the Pictures, that were taken with the Phase One look very poor. The Colours are absolutely not natural - red is really bad.

What have I done wrong - or any Suggestions for a better Raw-Converter?

Thank You for Your Help and excuse my bad English.

Stuart Richardson

I cannot say exactly what is going on, only two things: 1. Raw Therapee is a very powerful, but also very complicated piece of software. 2. A camera like the Phase One is going to be optimized to work with Capture One, as the Hasselblad is going to be optimized to work with Phocus. I don't think it makes all that much sense to compare them without using their own software...
If you do, perhaps you can have them output a tiff directly instead of a raw file? Barring that, you could try Photoshop or Lightroom, but as I said before, Capture One is more or less a part of the camera, so better to just get it working!

DBF

Problem is solved by Update to Windows 10.
Capture One and Phocus 3 work!

The Phase One Pictures look much better, when processed with Capture One.

Next Friday I can borrow a H6D50 and a Phase One 50 MPix from local Dealer. Both have the same Sensor - I think.
The H6D100 seems to be not availible.

I will also take my H3DII50 and try, which Pictures look best to me.
I want to see, if CMOS Sensor is better - to me - than the old CCD.
I hope it is - so I can trade up to 100Mpix