Site Sponsors

Thread: Photo Mechanic and emailed images

Post Thanks / Like

Photo Mechanic and emailed images

Any PM users out there? I can't say when for sure this all started but images I email to myself and others from PM are so badly pixelated they are useless and they used to be excellent. I have the latest version or PM in a MBP OS 10.9.5

I almost feel as if PM changed something cause I sure haven't. Nothing I change in settings onPM has made any difference. Images in the PM preview areas are perfect as always, once mailed they are junk. Any other with this problem?

Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photo Mechanic and emailed images

I'll answer my own question. When you email from PM it opens Apple Mail. I don't use Apple Mail for anything else. So it turns out that someone on the PM help forum mentioned a "size" box that appears in Apple Mail when you are sending an image.

I have never seen nor noticed this box but it was set to "small" not "actual size" so a med/fine jpg from my Nikon D3 was slashed to @190kb!!! Yea, no wonder stuff I was sending looked so bad. So that was it. No idea how it got set to that except maybe a recent update did it?

Neil