The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 4.6.2 Released

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

Pros
- Support for Sensor+ on P65+*
- Improved Stability, especially on 4-core and 8-core macs
- Nikon D90 Tethering
- Minor Bug Fixes

Cons
- No 5D II Tethering (planned for 4.7)
- Live View does not work well at refresh rates slower than 1s

As always we recommend waiting a few days or weeks before updating any production machines. We also recommend doing a full uninstall of any previously installed versions of Capture One 4. Technically this is not required unless your updating from 4.5.2 or earlier, but is a best practice.

As shameless self promotion we will be having another series of Capture One Online Screen-Sharing-Based Training March 17, 18, 19, 20, and 24, 25. Details on the classes here.

*P65+s already in customers hands (as noted to those customers in advance) do not have sensor+ enabled. We will know the exact time-table and procedure for those customers to receive sensor+ in the next week or two.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
So I went ahead and installed it yesterday on my laptop and played around with it. So far seems both faster and a bit more stable. Best of all, I installed right over my old version. So far no issues there.

Since it worked so well on my MBP, I installed it on my 8-core Mac this morning. Same thing, installed first time right over my old version and no issues. Appears very stable so far.

As of now, I give it a ":thumbs:."

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
After the update just prior to this one, I'm in no rush to get the latest. I think I'll let Jack and others be the testers. It's a wonderful program, but that last update was a ringer (crash, hang, crash).

robertwright

are there any phase reps on this site? if so a few takeaways about the current C1/4 pro/lite versions:

Batch renaming skips first highlighted image. :wtf:

No way to set counter to arbitrary number in batch rename. Batch rename is therefore not usable.:thumbdown:

Import from card only imports ALL if you wait until ALL images are rendered in the import window despite the button saying import ALL. This is definitely the kind of bug that ruins shoots. It is so easy to lose images this way, especially if you have a digital tech who is not on set and so would not see he/she does not have all the images off the card. Then they erase the card and send it back to the set. ON the seriousness of this bug alone-there is no way C1 v4 should even be out in the wild...:wtf:

There is no way to set a default profile for a session unless you are tethered that I can find, in either pro or lite versions. You can only manually select all and paste. Over and Over...

It makes me feel the Phase has never used this product on a shoot with thousands of images that must be imported, renamed according to a client spec, and have basic wb/profile adjustments made. Is this too much to ask?

to add insult to injury, the support website is horribly mangled. It's like they don't want to know. Definitely a case of reverse-microsoft: a hardware company trying to do software and failing. Love the hardware tho...

from the front lines.
R