The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PSE6 Question...

Otto

I asked this on dpreview, but thought I might get a better response here.

Does PSE6 have better tools for B&W conversion than PSE4, or PSE3 with the Curves and Channel Mixer plug-ins? The reason I ask is I would buy PSE6 at the Costco $49.99 price they are offering, if it makes sense to do so. If it just makes sense to get it regardless of the B&W conversion I will go ahead, as well.

Thanks for any input,
Otto...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wish I could help you, but I don't use PSE. I can tell you that CS3 added a significant improvement for doing B&W conversions, but not sure if it carried over into PSE6...

Otto

Thanks Jack,

Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position to purchase CS3. I may just go ahead with the PSE6 for now.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
Otto...

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Otto,

I do not use Elements so cannot answer your question but if you look in the link below in the Adobe ideas gallery there is an explanation of the controls for B&W conversion and perhaps you will see if there is an improvement over what you have already.

Here is the link:
http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/ideagallery/

Click on Edit and Enhance your Photos
Then Click on Create Dramatic black-and-whites