The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HELP: WHY Am I Getting This Screen in LR6

rollsman44

I hope I have listed this problem in the correct section of the forum. Until a few days ago I am getting this screen every time I open LR 6 Then I have to choose one to be able to get into LR to Import my Images.
I can't seem to get this corrected. Any Help is appreciated.

Attachments

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Looks like you have multiple versions of catalogs on your computer.

I assume that if you either delete the older catalogs or upgrade them it may disappear.

However if you choose one and check the box ... always open with ... it may go away.

Should you need the other catalog just go to the menu at the top to select it and open it.

I cannot get your screen shot big enough to read it all ... just a guess from what I can see.

Bob

Godfrey

Your ~/Pictures/Lightroom folder contains original .LRCAT files for Lightroom 2, 4, and 5 as well as Lightroom 6. There is also a separate catalog folder, ~/Pictures/aprilcomb. The LR default catalog you want to have opened automatically whenever Lightroom runs is not set (Lightroom Preferences > General tab).

Presuming that your intent is to use Lightroom 6 and the latest catalog in the ~/Pictures/Lightroom folder, click the checkbox next to "Always load this catalog on startup" and click Open. In the future, double-clicking the Lightroom app icon will automatically load that catalog, bypassing the catalog selection dialog. You can change this setting in Lightroom Preferences or by calling up the catalog selection dialog manually again using File > Open Catalog.

Outside of Lightroom, you can go into that folder and delete the .LRCAT files for LR 2, 4, and 5 since they're just sitting there wasting space at this point. There's really no point in keeping them around unless you still have those older versions of Lightroom installed and want to switch back to one of them for some reason.

G

rollsman44

How do I delete the LR 2, 3 etc and just keep LR 6 CC ?
Will my older images that were PP in LR 2,3 etc cause me a problem if I have to go back to them for adjustments or resizing them? Thank you

Rachael Alice

Not Available
I see your images and there is an different versions install in computer. So try to uninstall any of version either older or new. After that you not face this type issue in future.