The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

“Movements” tool crashes C1 10

gebseng

Hi everyone on the forum,

Lately, I have a strange problem in C1 (10.0.1) on a Macbook running macOS 10.12.2: I am using the Samyang 24mm f3.5 Tilt-Shift lens on my Sony Alpha 7.
In order to correct for the pronounced barrel distortion this lens produces when shifted, I enter the proper shift distance in the Lens Correction tool's "Movement" tab and then add around 20% distortion in the "Lens" tab of the same tool. This corrects the distortion perfectly, great job C1!

Unfortunately, as soon as I do this, the histogram, levels, and curve tools do not show graphics anymore. The color picker also doesn't show values above the preview. Also, if I click into the image with the color picker tool, C1 processor load goes up to 400% and the software becomes very unresponsive. As soon as I set the "Movements" tab values all back to zero, everything is fine and working properly again.

P1 support only suggested to work without histograms etc, which is not a viable option of course.

I also tried disabling OpenCL, to no avail.

I also tried using the "Movements" tab with other RAW files (Leaf Credo .IIQ, Olympus .ORW), with the same bad results. So, it seems to be a general problem with the Lens Correction tool and not specific to Sony .ARW files.

How can I use the "movements" tab properly?

The C1 manual states:
“Lens correction: Movement:
If you are using a lens or camera system that can have movements applied, go to the Movement tab in the Lens Correction tool.
If the Focal Length and Aperture can be detected, the values will automatically be shown in the corresponding fields. Otherwise manually enter the information.
Enter the shift data for the x and y axis. Changing the shift parameters will have a positive benefit on the distortion and light falloff corrections in particular.
Enter the shift data for the x and y axis.”

Has anyone ever successfully worked with the "Movements" tab? It would be great to get input from you on that matter,

best,

geb

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 13.00.20 (2).jpgScreen Shot 2017-01-18 at 12.59.49 (2).jpg