The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dual monitors

jlm

Workshop Member
i just set up a second monitor, Eizo 24", along with my daily 30" dell workhorse (PC). for image processing in general, my plan is to put the images on the accurately calibrated Eizo, misc menus, etc on the Dell. I use CS3, C1 and Imageprint. video board is an Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI, PCI express

C1: i have to have all the browser and menu stuff on the Eizo, along with the image; Ican expand the window and let the RH side flow over onto the Dell, keeping the menus on the LH Eizo; anyway to reverse this so I can keep the Eizo on the left?
CS3: I can't get the images to move over to the Eizo; instead they open on the Dell and won't drag over, even if I re-size them for the smaller monitor. they do seem to move around but i have to click the move option, and the travel is clunky

any advice for how to best implement this?

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
On a PC, images in CS3 will stick to whichever monitor you have set as #1. You can however move all the menus over to monitor #2. So, to get CS3 images to stay on the Eizo, just set it up as monitor #1.

I suspect your C1 issues will be solved by setting up the Eizo as monitor #1 too; Eizo as #1 on the left, Dell as #2 on the right, using the Eizo as your default profile.

Cheers,