Site Sponsors

Thread: dual monitors

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

dual monitors

i just set up a second monitor, Eizo 24", along with my daily 30" dell workhorse (PC). for image processing in general, my plan is to put the images on the accurately calibrated Eizo, misc menus, etc on the Dell. I use CS3, C1 and Imageprint. video board is an Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI, PCI express

C1: i have to have all the browser and menu stuff on the Eizo, along with the image; Ican expand the window and let the RH side flow over onto the Dell, keeping the menus on the LH Eizo; anyway to reverse this so I can keep the Eizo on the left?
    CS3: I can't get the images to move over to the Eizo; instead they open on the Dell and won't drag over, even if I re-size them for the smaller monitor. they do seem to move around but i have to click the move option, and the travel is clunky

any advice for how to best implement this?
    Last edited by jlm; 27th January 2008 at 10:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: dual monitors

On a PC, images in CS3 will stick to whichever monitor you have set as #1. You can however move all the menus over to monitor #2. So, to get CS3 images to stay on the Eizo, just set it up as monitor #1.

I suspect your C1 issues will be solved by setting up the Eizo as monitor #1 too; Eizo as #1 on the left, Dell as #2 on the right, using the Eizo as your default profile.

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

thnx jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yeah thanks Jack! That sure does explain a lot!