The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Google Abandons Nik Collection

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That was to be expected. Large corporations don't make things free of charge to be kind to humanity. Expect the software technology to appear in Google image applications soon. Buying Nik was probably much cheaper for them than developing these plugins from scratch.

shumicse

That was to be expected. Large corporations don't make things free of charge to be kind to humanity. Expect the software technology to appear in Google image applications soon. Buying Nik was probably much cheaper for them than developing these plugins from scratch.
I am totally agree with you on this. They did the same for Picasa as well!

stngoldberg

Not good news for me.. I use the NIK pro contrast and polarization filters quite often as well as the white neutralizer occasionally.
Stanley

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Scott Kelby recommends Luminar from MacPhun .... says it does a lot of Color Efex 4 and Silver Efex. I purchased it recently but have not installed it
to see if it will be a substitute.

He suggests some of the MacPhun team wrote parts of NIK ....

Here is hoping.

Bob

stngoldberg

Scott Kelby recommends Luminar from MacPhun .... says it does a lot of Color Efex 4 and Silver Efex. I purchased it recently but have not installed it

Here is hoping.

Bob
Thanks,
I'll try that
Stanley

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Stanley,

I do hope there is an equivalent to white neutralizer ... it was one of the best actions I have ever seen.

Although my NIK is fully functional at the present time ... no telling when Apple will break it with a system update.

Bob

shumicse

Here is hoping.

Bob
Thanks Bob for the alternative recommendation!

erudolph

I read that the Nik applications are 64-bit but the installer is 32. Is this true? I wonder if there is the possibility of an application that could wrap the installer in a 64-bit shell to allow the Nik suite to be installed? Such applications exist to allow the use of 32-bit audio components in a 64-bit-only audio application.