The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens Correction Slow Down in C1-Pro fix

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have no idea if this issue has already been discussed here or if this is old news. I did a quick scan of the threads and didn't see anything so thought I'd post in case anyone else ran into the same problem.

I've been experiencing endless spinning beach balls and ultra slow performance in C1-Pro recently and couldn't figure out what the problem was. I'm running the most recent Mac OS on a Mac Pro with 32Gb of RAM. I updated C1 and still couldn't work since it would stall and spin about every 3 minutes. After reading a bunch of googled posts and trying all of the suggestions, I stumbled on a post that included a link to a preset that turns off automatic distortion correction. I installed the preset, restarted, and bingo, problem solved.

The article that tipped me to the fix was from 2013. It may be that C1 has implemented a fix since then and there's now a built-in way to turn off the automatic distortion correction tool. If not, and you're encountering a similar slow down, you might read the following article and download the preset: https://captureintegration.com/capture-one-quick-tip-turning-off-automatic-distortion-correction/

Best,
Tim