The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DXO Acquires NIK Collection from Google

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not a bad place for NIK technology to end up so long as DXO continue to maintain the suite as PS plug-in filters. DXO have some nice technology of their own too that would certainly make the combination of NIK and DXO filters/tools together a very useful extension for PS.

I would assume that DXO would look to monetize the tools in the future. I have no problem with that so long as they continue to evolve and support future versions of the imaging tools.

archiM44

Not a bad place for NIK technology to end up so long as DXO continue to maintain the suite as PS plug-in filters. DXO have some nice technology of their own too that would certainly make the combination of NIK and DXO filters/tools together a very useful extension for PS.

I would assume that DXO would look to monetize the tools in the future. I have no problem with that so long as they continue to evolve and support future versions of the imaging tools.
DXO is now offering the NIK Plugins for a very reasonable price, certainly compared to my original purchase many years ago. However I have the complete set updated from Google and it works perfectly with all the latest Adobe CC products on my iMac running on Sierra. Makes me wonder if they have added anything to it or what advantage purchasing would have.
Ido have a number of the DXO products, including PL and am very satisfied

kdphotography

It isn't really clear what updates/upgrades have been made by DXO---but it appears some did have issues with Nik up subsequent platforms.

I'll probably upgrade eventually.

Ken

archiM44

It isn't really clear what updates/upgrades have been made by DXO---but it appears some did have issues with Nik up subsequent platforms.

I'll probably upgrade eventually.

Ken
DXO answered my questions about the advantages of their version as follows (my translation as I requested the info in French)
Totally compatible with present and future Operating Systems and versions of LR and PS
Improved UI including a selective brush tool
Free minor updates and a special price for major updates with new tools
Support

archiM44

Does the old version now work with the current up to date Mac operating system?
Stanley
With the latest PS and LR classic cc and OSXSierra all worked perfectly for me
I did purchase the new set and so far I have seen no difference with what I had! It just overwrites what I had.
Maybe there are improvements, but I haven't come across them yet.
Oh well, I don't mind supporting DXO as they have provided me with truly excellent products in the past.