The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Optimal Wall Mount Flat Screen Display?

Frankly

I did some rearranging and suddenly have a nice 44" section of blank wall in my office. My first instinct is to frame a medium sized print and call it done but then I got to thinking and I really could put a ~33" flat LED monitor on the wall, plug in an SD card and let it slideshow my portfolio continuously.

This sounds appealing... I don't buy televisions anymore but a quick glance tells me that for $200 I can get a 33" HD monitor and if I shop around I can find a wall mount that will work.

I understand that color fidelity won't be critical and I should be doing maximum quality sRGB jpgs... but beyond that what other factors should I be considering?

1. 24-7-365 power consumption and life span of a cheap monitor? What do you think?

2. Is there a particular brand that is a better value?

3. Cosmetically I can hide the power cable (or ignore it) but are there other considerations? Do any brands have a minimal or more attractive bezel?

4. I'd spend a couple hundred bucks on conventional framing anyway but if I spend more, like $500, is there something vastly superior?

Beyond sRGB maximum JPGs is there anything else I should be thinking about in terms of image processing?