The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR5 Vs LR6 standalone, much difference?

Photojazz

I am debating whether to get that last standalone. I do not need cloud, and don't want cloud.

Anybody have thoughts that has used 5 and 6 standalone?

Thanks!

Doug

Godfrey

I am debating whether to get that last standalone. I do not need cloud, and don't want cloud.

Anybody have thoughts that has used 5 and 6 standalone?
I don't recall much of what the actual differences were, but the thing to take a look at is what specific camera raw support you need and get the version that handles that.

I have v6.12 installed and will stick with that as long as it continues to work reliably on macOS since I don't need support for anything past that version.

G

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I used LR5 and nowadays use LR6, both in standalone version.
If memory serves me well, between the 5 and 6, the "in Lightroom" HDR and panoramic functionality were added.

CU,
Rafael

Photojazz

Well, I went ahead and got it, since the price was fairly decent. I guess I am officially done buying Adobe unless they change their tune in the future. I am not buying new cameras into the foreseeable future. I am pretty well equipped for now, I don't have to have the latest and greatest anymore. Over that.... :ROTFL:

Godfrey

Well, I went ahead and got it, since the price was fairly decent. I guess I am officially done buying Adobe unless they change their tune in the future. I am not buying new cameras into the foreseeable future. I am pretty well equipped for now, I don't have to have the latest and greatest anymore. Over that.... :ROTFL:
:)

(bolded) I'm well over-equipped; just don't need or want anything more. That doesn't say I'll never buy another camera, but the only new camera I've bought in a long while is a Lomo Instant Square (the Light L16 uses its own proprietary software to render with, and I bought it in 2015... it just took until last Christmas to be delivered!)

I'll use LR 6.12 until it can no longer run on macOS. I do have a couple other new image processing apps that I'll get around to experimenting with one of these days, but I'm in no great hurry. What I really need to do is get out and do some more shooting! I've been distracted with other pursuits.

G

Photojazz

:)

(bolded) I'm well over-equipped; just don't need or want anything more. That doesn't say I'll never buy another camera, but the only new camera I've bought in a long while is a Lomo Instant Square (the Light L16 uses its own proprietary software to render with, and I bought it in 2015... it just took until last Christmas to be delivered!)

I'll use LR 6.12 until it can no longer run on macOS. I do have a couple other new image processing apps that I'll get around to experimenting with one of these days, but I'm in no great hurry. What I really need to do is get out and do some more shooting! I've been distracted with other pursuits.

G
Godfrey, I have so many diversions, I do good to take a photo of my musical instruments every now and then. I have hopes of shooting more on retirement, that may come sooner rather than later, the way things go where I work... I hoped to at least get my 30 yrs in, but that is questionable... :banghead:

I have a D700 with grip, a D3X (with grip, think about that, haha), and I did get a very low click D810 with grip not to long ago used, real nice cam. I also have 2 Leica cams and 4 lens kit. M240, and the MM. Can have a lot of fun with what I have, and at one time, I had WAY to much. Still have a lot, but got rid of a lot of excess bags and stuff. I could still stand to clear out a bit more, ,especially in non photography stuff! Don't ask!!! I feel like a horder at times, I did not set out to be that. I want to get rid of some stuff, but some stuff, I just cannot.

I did get rid of a old Bush workstation that took up way to much room recently. It really helped in my great room. I compute mostly in a kitchen nook. When you are single, you can do what you dang well please, ha.