The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Saturation with IQ3 100 and C1

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm finding that my CMOS sensor in the IQ3 100 requires more saturation in C1 (20-30 points on the slider) than I did with previous CCD backs. Do others find this as well?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I'm finding that my CMOS sensor in the IQ3 100 requires more saturation in C1 (20-30 points on the slider) than I did with previous CCD backs. Do others find this as well?
Are you sure that what you're noticing is the difference in the raws and not the change in behavior of the Saturation slider over the last few versions of Capture One?

i.e. bring some of your CCD raws up in Capture One 11, upgrade the processing engine to the v11 engine, and then make the comparison.

MILESF

It’s somewhat subjective but I do think that in the last couple of releases C1’ tools/sliders have become “softer” and less “aggressive”. Not sure these are the right words though.

Ben730

I use for my CMOS back the "Linear Curve" instead of "Film Standard".
This sometimes needs more saturation than with my CCD backs.
Regards,
Ben