The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom issues

gnuyork

I have been using Lightroom successfully without problems for years (mainly LR version 4) But I do have the latest Classic CC version running on my new Macbook Pro.

I am trying to do a quick edit of 274 RAW images that I simply used the auto button for auto exposure, which worked fine within the Library window.

But I didn't like how the contrast was adjusted on the Auto settings... so I took the first image and made contrast to 0 and then tried to do sync for the rest. It didn't work. What's strange is that some of the photos (I'd say the next 20 or so) made the contrast change, but the rest all the way to the last photo were completely unaffected.

This is strange and very counter productive. I called Adobe and they really couldn't help. The advice was to do a few photos at a time. Really? That's crazy. What if I had 2000 photos to work on? I can't believe this response and I did not accept that as a solution. The phone call (like usual) took longer than I had the time for at the moment, so we left off with me wanting to call back to further resolve the issue. Waiting to hear back from them as I type this.

I'm getting fed up lately with Adobe and the software getting flaky. Don't even get me started on Premiere :banghead: (I'm a professional editor).

gnuyork

It seems like it's a bug on the Mac. After over 2 hours on the phone we couldn't resolve it. He couldn't duplicate the problem on the PC, but I could duplicate the problem on two of my macs each with different operating systems (even with different camera raw files).

They ended up doing a screen capture video so they could send it up to the developers.

Godfrey

Sounds like an app regression.

I'm still on LR6.12 (perpetual license) and it handles any amount of edits I throw at it as a batch on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.x without any problems.

I did a test with a 250 file selection of DNGs output from Lumen some time ago to see what the performance was like*on the laptop with High Sierra vs the desktop with Sierra (it was comparable).

G

gnuyork

Sounds like an app regression.

I'm still on LR6.12 (perpetual license) and it handles any amount of edits I throw at it as a batch on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.x without any problems.

I did a test with a 250 file selection of DNGs output from Lumen some time ago to see what the performance was like*on the laptop with High Sierra vs the desktop with Sierra (it was comparable).

G
On my main desktop system (which is an old tricked out 12 core with more RAM that's on my very current laptop) I have both LR CC and LR 4 that came bundled with my digital Leica. I always use LR4 unless I need a specific tool in the newer app. LR 4 has been rock solid and it's fast. I got a new Macbook Pro for mobile work and I only have the new LR CC installed in it. Hoping that since I pointed out the issue, Adobe will have an update fix for it.

BTW - still have not opened the scanner...I've been too slammed. Maybe this weekend.

Godfrey

On my main desktop system (which is an old tricked out 12 core with more RAM that's on my very current laptop) I have both LR CC and LR 4 that came bundled with my digital Leica. I always use LR4 unless I need a specific tool in the newer app. LR 4 has been rock solid and it's fast. I got a new Macbook Pro for mobile work and I only have the new LR CC installed in it. Hoping that since I pointed out the issue, Adobe will have an update fix for it.

BTW - still have not opened the scanner...I've been too slammed. Maybe this weekend.
Well, the scanner is there and will wait until you need it. :)

I use LR6 for everything. I prefer the raw engine and UI in it, and it doesn't work any differently from prior versions in terms of speed on my system ... which is no powerhouse (2012 Mac mini, 16G ram, faster of the i7 Quad processor options, and a 1T SSD as the startup volume). LR6.12 also has raw conversion for any camera I'm ever likely to use.

G

gnuyork

To update: Adobe called me back and my issue is indeed a bug that they will fix in the next update (so they say).