The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dean West - Great

gmfotografie

Hi guys ....and ladies - (are also ladies here in the forum - they must be rich ;-) ?)

https://www.deanwest.com/home

Love this Style.
Can anybody give me some Tipps/Hints for this Look (Contrast, Color, Light) - Especially the Pool Pictures!
How to capture this Style?

Best Michael

Frankly

I recently noticed his work as well although his style such as it is appears to be straight perspectives and minimalism with best practices photo technique. No wide angles or muddled tones, medium format with careful low radius sharpening.

In other words very “clean”. Isn’t your current work similar?

You could start with clean subject matter, a trip to Palm Springs perhaps? I think he is very good at recognizing good locations.

It is refreshing and its utter perfection and cleanliness almost makes me want to do advertising again (with all those dirty pigs).

gmfotografie

i always wonder how they compose the persons into a picture with this exact lightning.

for example - it is just a snapshoot with my xpro2 ... (35mm on fullframe) - some minor corrections in LR

so how to fix the colors for perfect basic picture and how would you photograph a person in the studio to fit into this picture.
how to check the correct colors (for this ad style) or things for fitting into this colorscheme of the basic picture.

maybe you want to experiment with this picture and show me your results ;-) ?

Test by Michael Guggemos, auf Flickr

or see this picture... some new colors - i have now idea to get the ground color matched to the sky . and if i put a person into it... the colors of the shoes trousers ?

Test2 by Michael Guggemos, auf Flickr