Site Sponsors

Thread: Dean West - Great

Post Thanks / Like

Dean West - Great

Hi guys ....and ladies - (are also ladies here in the forum - they must be rich ;-) ?)

https://www.deanwest.com/home

Love this Style.
    Can anybody give me some Tipps/Hints for this Look (Contrast, Color, Light) - Especially the Pool Pictures!
    How to capture this Style?

Best Michael
    http://www.gmfotografie.at
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Dean West - Great

I recently noticed his work as well although his style such as it is appears to be straight perspectives and minimalism with best practices photo technique. No wide angles or muddled tones, medium format with careful low radius sharpening.

In other words very “clean”. Isn’t your current work similar?

You could start with clean subject matter, a trip to Palm Springs perhaps? I think he is very good at recognizing good locations.

It is refreshing and its utter perfection and cleanliness almost makes me want to do advertising again (with all those dirty pigs).
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dean West - Great

i always wonder how they compose the persons into a picture with this exact lightning.

for example - it is just a snapshoot with my xpro2 ... (35mm on fullframe) - some minor corrections in LR

so how to fix the colors for perfect basic picture and how would you photograph a person in the studio to fit into this picture.
    how to check the correct colors (for this ad style) or things for fitting into this colorscheme of the basic picture.

maybe you want to experiment with this picture and show me your results ;-) ?

Test by Michael Guggemos, auf Flickr

or see this picture... some new colors - i have now idea to get the ground color matched to the sky . and if i put a person into it... the colors of the shoes trousers ?

Test2 by Michael Guggemos, auf Flickr