The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 12

f8orbust

So, C1 v12 is here - $200 to upgrade from v11 (or at least, that's the price P1 is quoting me).

I don't have a problem with paying through the nose for major release upgrades, but it would be nice if they cut you some slack on the upgrade price for a major release if it appears within 12 months of a user previously upgrading to a major release (I only upgraded to v11 in February).

Ok, gripe over.

iiiNelson

So, C1 v12 is here - $200 to upgrade from v11 (or at least, that's the price P1 is quoting me).

I don't have a problem with paying through the nose for major release upgrades, but it would be nice if they cut you some slack on the upgrade price for a major release if it appears within 12 months of a user previously upgrading to a major release (I only upgraded to v11 in February).

Ok, gripe over.
I saw $149 for upgrade but of note is that previous upgrades were $99. There are 10% off coupons to be found as well to save you a bit more. I’ll wait a bit before upgrading so they can resolve the bugs.

f8orbust

The cynic in me assumed the $200 price tag was just blunt force trauma to the wallet in order to 'persuade' new users to opt for the annual licence rather than the perpetual + upgrade route.

Wait a second ...

Last edited:

archiM44

After using 12 for some time as a beta tester, I paid the relatively high upgrade price from 11 with pleasure.
I have used the program for very many years, the support has always been more than excellent, and the new features in 12
add valuable and useful features and are, to me, worth the cost.
I have absolutely no affiliation with Phase One beyond being a faithful user of the application.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Ok, gripe over.
Price in the USA is US$149. Can't speak for the UK.

There is also Capture One Educational pricing available.

f8orbust

Price in the USA is US$149. Can't speak for the UK.

There is also Capture One Educational pricing available.
It's £149. I guess no one at P1 could be bothered to 'do the exchange rate math' (unlike Autodesk, Adobe, Allegorithmic etc.), so they simply changed the currency symbol. That's just such a mind-numbingly-dumb thing to do for a digital download.

Jim

P.S. If anyone at P1 is reading this, $149 = £116 (ATTOW)

Knorp

Just upgraded from C1P v11 to C1P v12 w/ 10% discount.
After activation and viewing my license, I noticed this: "Free upgrades left: 1"
I find it hard to believe I'm entitled for a free upgrade to a future v13.
Anyway, we'll find out next year Xmas ... :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 10.31.15.jpg

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 10.32.09.jpg