The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

File Destruction

DBF

I have a Problem, when I want to see my Pictures in "big Size"
The Setup is: Mac Mini 3GHz / I7 / 8GB / 1TB and a Sony VW520ES - 4k - Beamer - Phocus latest Version.
The (H5D60) fff-Files are on a external Hard Disk - non SSD with USB3.
After about 10 Pictures the File is not opened - only "Noise" like an old TV-Set without Antenna-Signal had is visible.
I can go to the another Picture - ok.
But: The last File is "destroyed" - the "Noise" is saved.
How can this happen?
How can I avoid it?

Godfrey

Sounds to me like Phocus is having a problem with these large files in only 8G of RAM.
I'd contact Hasselblad and see what they have to say about it.

G

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have a Problem, when I want to see my Pictures in "big Size"
The Setup is: Mac Mini 3GHz / I7 / 8GB / 1TB and a Sony VW520ES - 4k - Beamer - Phocus latest Version.
The (H5D60) fff-Files are on a external Hard Disk - non SSD with USB3.
After about 10 Pictures the File is not opened - only "Noise" like an old TV-Set without Antenna-Signal had is visible.
I can go to the another Picture - ok.
But: The last File is "destroyed" - the "Noise" is saved.
How can this happen?
How can I avoid it?
Until you figure it out ... make two copies of the folder with the fff-files and only use one with Phocus. There should
remain a replacement for any file that gets corrupted.

Bob