The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trying to Remove a bright light behind a person in LR Classic

rollsman44

I have been trying to remove the light behind the couple. I tried to in LR Classic latest ver and I cant seem to do it. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thank you I tried to upload an image but keep getting error message. Thanks

pegelli

This is probably easier done in Photoshop since there you have much better and accurate selection tools, but I guess that's not what you want to hear, since you specifically asked how to do this in Lightroom.

The most accurate way of selecting an area to work on in Lightroom is using the paint brush, make it very large (so it covers more than the bright spot you want to work on), select "Auto Mask" and click once in the bright spot. Then it should theoretically select all similar toned areas under the brush and leave the darker toned areas alone. After that you can use the sliders in the brush to adjust to your liking.

In my experience this works best with sharp outlined areas, as soon as you try to do this in an oof background you start getting strange halos around the spot you're working on.