The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alternative to Adobe

JohnBrew

My Adobe subscription is up for renewal next month. I’m looking for another processing program with which I can print. I like and use Luminar 3, but they have no print engine which is very frustrating. I only process Nikon Z and DNG files, if that helps.
Thanks for all replies.

archiM44

Capture One.
I find the processing superior, and printing is very good indeed, including proofing.
A trial is available.
The print module in Lightroom has a few more possibilities, and I sometimes process and send to Lightroom.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Capture One.
I find the processing superior, and printing is very good indeed, including proofing.
A trial is available.
The print module in Lightroom has a few more possibilities, and I sometimes process and send to Lightroom.
Good Lord! When did C1 learn to print? I’ve been out of the loop for a few years (unsupported cameras), but I always exported to PS or LR for printing. C1 never gave the same print twice. Even centering was hit or miss. Now that I’ve switched to a Canon printer, I only use their plugin. Zero wasted paper!

BTW, I loved processing in C1, and would use it still if it let me, but printing? That’s a surprise.

Matt

stngoldberg

Print with colorbyte...expensive one time charge, but excellent profiles...the software makes printing a no brainer
Stanley

archiM44

I print with an Epson SC P800
For the papers I use I have made profiles using x-rite iProfiler
I also calibrate my display using iProfiler and to a luminosity of 75
Using my profiles and display calibration prints are extremely close to the image on my display, both as to brightness and color both from Capture One and Lightroom.
I have tried specific printing software but the results have not been that much better, some even exactly the same.
Of course the iProfiler software is quite expensive, EURO 1500 as I recall

darr

Print with colorbyte...expensive one time charge, but excellent profiles...the software makes printing a no brainer
Stanley
Hey John,
I second Stanley's recommendation. I have been using IMAGEPRINT by Colorbyte for many years. Initially I bought it because I was a bit fickled by paper types and enjoyed the many paper profiles that are included. I tried many different papers through sampler packs offered at reasonable prices. I have since found my favorite papers thanks to using this program and when it is time to print, I have no problems with the printer, paper or program.

Kind regards,
Darr

scho

Hey John,
I second Stanley's recommendation. I have been using IMAGEPRINT by Colorbyte for many years. Initially I bought it because I was a bit fickled by paper types and enjoyed the many paper profiles that are included. I tried many different papers through sampler packs offered at reasonable prices. I have since found my favorite papers thanks to using this program and when it is time to print, I have no problems with the printer, paper or program.

Kind regards,
Darr
+3 Excellent printing solution.