Site Sponsors

Thread: Alternative to Adobe

Post Thanks / Like

Alternative to Adobe

My Adobe subscription is up for renewal next month. Iím looking for another processing program with which I can print. I like and use Luminar 3, but they have no print engine which is very frustrating. I only process Nikon Z and DNG files, if that helps.
    Thanks for all replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alternative to Adobe

Capture One.
    I find the processing superior, and printing is very good indeed, including proofing.
    A trial is available.
    The print module in Lightroom has a few more possibilities, and I sometimes process and send to Lightroom.
    maurice da silva solis
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archiM44 View Post
    Capture One.
    I find the processing superior, and printing is very good indeed, including proofing.
    A trial is available.
    The print module in Lightroom has a few more possibilities, and I sometimes process and send to Lightroom.
    Good Lord! When did C1 learn to print? I’ve been out of the loop for a few years (unsupported cameras), but I always exported to PS or LR for printing. C1 never gave the same print twice. Even centering was hit or miss. Now that I’ve switched to a Canon printer, I only use their plugin. Zero wasted paper!

BTW, I loved processing in C1, and would use it still if it let me, but printing? That’s a surprise.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Print with colorbyte...expensive one time charge, but excellent profiles...the software makes printing a no brainer
    Stanley
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I print with an Epson SC P800
    For the papers I use I have made profiles using x-rite iProfiler
    I also calibrate my display using iProfiler and to a luminosity of 75
    Using my profiles and display calibration prints are extremely close to the image on my display, both as to brightness and color both from Capture One and Lightroom.
    I have tried specific printing software but the results have not been that much better, some even exactly the same.
    Of course the iProfiler software is quite expensive, EURO 1500 as I recall
    maurice da silva solis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stngoldberg View Post
    Print with colorbyte...expensive one time charge, but excellent profiles...the software makes printing a no brainer
    Stanley
    Hey John,
    I second Stanley's recommendation. I have been using IMAGEPRINT by Colorbyte for many years. Initially I bought it because I was a bit fickled by paper types and enjoyed the many paper profiles that are included. I tried many different papers through sampler packs offered at reasonable prices. I have since found my favorite papers thanks to using this program and when it is time to print, I have no problems with the printer, paper or program.

Kind regards,
    Darr
    Photo Blog: darrlene.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Hey John,
    I second Stanley's recommendation. I have been using IMAGEPRINT by Colorbyte for many years. Initially I bought it because I was a bit fickled by paper types and enjoyed the many paper profiles that are included. I tried many different papers through sampler packs offered at reasonable prices. I have since found my favorite papers thanks to using this program and when it is time to print, I have no problems with the printer, paper or program.

Kind regards,
    Darr
    +3 Excellent printing solution.
    Carl
    Gallery