The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will Luminar 4 convert Fuji RAF raw files?

gurtch

I am an 82 year old amateur. My more recent work was done with a Sony A7R II. I used mostly DXO to convert raw images and apply lens corrections. In December, I acquired a Fuji GFX 50R with 3 lenses. I make big prints (20"x30" with Sony, and 24"x32" with the Fuji). I often put different skies into different foregrounds, so the Luminar 4 advertisements say you can do this easily, negating a lot of masking, etc, etc). I have Photoshop CS 6 which will not open or process Fuji files. My present work flow for Fugi RAF files is slow and cumbersome: Down load the day's shoot to my PC. Batch Convert in DNG converter. Delete the RAF files to save space, bring the batch processed DNGs into Bridge, select the ones I want to work on. Open Photoshop, and using their Camera Raw, process them (it automatically applies "cooked in" Fuji lens corrections). I then finish retouching etc in Photoshop, and print from Photoshop. I am wondering if Luminar 4 will directly process RAF files, and simplify my work flow, by eliminating the DNG conversion. Will it also allow ACR type corrections during the conversions, such as levels, curves, saturation? Thanks in advance.
Dave G in NJ
MODERN PICTORIALS