The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR Question on Final File size

rollsman44

I cant seem to figure this out. I am using a Nikon D810 I import my images from my folder on the desktop to LR Classic latest version
I make my adjustments and now Export the files to a NEW folder on my desktop.The orig file size is 20mpix and the final file size after I export it is 15mpix. What I do is:In Exporting I choose Fit to size and select 20mpix in the box. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to get the 300 mix size.
Is there a better way? Thank you

cjb

What does “300 mix” mean?

If you are wanting to enlarge the output size, use photoshop.

pegelli

Or if you want to get the same size (same mpix as the original image, no enlargement or reduction) uncheck the "Resize to Fit" in the Image Sizing portion of the export dialog.

pegelli

The "dimension" boxes will be greyed out and you won't be able to edit them (and any greyed out number in there will have no effect), but you can still enter the resolution you want in the other field of that section.