The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselbald Flextight Scanner

MILESF

I have a Flextight scanner which is lightly used but Hassleblad has now discontinued support for the Flexcolor software. I plan to keep it and gradually to scan a large number of negatives. With 64 bit Catalina the Flexcolor software won't work.

I have created a partition of a TB2 external SSD drive which connects to a MacMini and installed Mojave and Flexcolor on it. In time I will upgrade my MacMini to Catalina but I am not in any hurry.

Has anyone else found a more elegant solution to this problem ? I have read that I could create a second volume on the MacMini and install Mojave on that but I am not sure if it has any advantages or disadvantages to what I have already done.

Nay ideas/suggestion/questions welcome. Many thanks.

pfigen

Just run it off a second computer that will never be upgraded past Mojave and network the two together. My scanning software runs on Mac OS 9.2.2 and that's what I do. Easy. Cheap and you don't have to go through the hassle of rebooting into a different OS. Networking the two is no problem.