The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 20 published

spassig

Hello

Today I receive the info that COP20 is published.
What do you think about:

As a Phase One customer, you have access to a free and lifetime Capture One for Phase One license.
Get your lifetime license for a free Capture One for Phase One full version - available exclusively for Phase One image files. Simply register a suitable Phase One digital back under your phaseone.com profile in the warranty section.

Translation from German text.

What’s the reason about this message?

Jochen

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No one has any comments? I've been playing with it for a few hours. It's nice. Speed and stability yet to be determined, but Color handling is very convenient.

--Matt

Quentin_Bargate

I purchased it, and have been using it for a few hours. The high dynamic range now seems to work more like Camera Raw. Not sure the epic upgrade price was justified, but we will see.

k-hawinkler

I had prepaid for continuing with the standard non-subscription license and thought getting the app was a bit clumsy. :facesmack:

Other than that, so far, so good. :clap:

pfigen

Needlessly complicated upgrade process which included my having to reset my password for Phase's website. It's been automatically remembered for years with no issues in Safari but not this time. The details of exactly HOW you to about upgrading is woefully inadequate and even includes the wrong ****ing serial codes in their upgrade email. Never is it spelled out that you have to go through the process of buying the new version - and why the hell is it called both v2020 and v13 in the same breath - further confusion - and THEN plug in the upgrade code, which finally eliminates the fee, but still gives you the (again) confusing message that you will not be charged for the upgrade NOW. That, unfortunately, implies that maybe later they'll decide to nick you. Overall, Phase gets a D- grade from me for one of the worst upgrade experiences I've ever had, and since their support is so slow as to be non-existent, there's no point in trying to open a case with them.

I've been using Capture One since about 2003 and overall love the program, but like Adobe, they are having troubles adding new features that actually matter - y'know to justify paying for an upgrade. What they appear to have been doing for the last several years is to sort of - and I say that with a lot of skepticism - add features that make it more Photoshop like, but it all just falls short and if you're going into Photoshop anyway, where I'm virtually always using .psb files, these new features are just bloat for me. Capture One is so clumsy regarding layers and masking compared to Ps that I can't really understand why you'd bother. So, like always, I'll continue to process mostly in C1 and do all my post in Ps.

spassig

@all.

I‘m wondering about answers for my question.
Please read my post #1.

Does this mean if I have PO equipment all versions of COP20 and versions in future (COP21, COP22, ...) are free for me?

Jochen