The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 help, paid for an upgrade but I don't have an upgrade

neilss

So the title may be confusing. I've been using the free Express version of C1 for Fuji cameras. It is kind of stripped down. I decided to take advantage of the sale. I paid for and downloaded the Capture One 20 Fujifilm version which by their own description is more full featured.

Did the download and install as I would any other download and install. But I STILL have the Express version and only the express version. I have my 16 digit code, I haven't been prompted to enter it anywhere and I've looked. I uninstalled and reinstalled.

If all I get for my money is the same version but with updates for free or whatever then that is BS. Not quite what is described.

Get in touch with Support? Nope, can't. It refuses to accept my password minutes after setting it. No email support available apparently I can't join a forum.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Neil

pegelli

When the program is running have you tried to open the 'help' menu and then click 'licence information' from the drop down and there fill in your new 16 digit code?

neilss

Pegelli, Yes I've been to that area but it said no upgrades were possible. So what I finally did was deactivate the version I had. Then the reactivation was a problem because it refused to let me sign in. I finally got past that and entered the new code. Then finaly the new version appeared. What a waste of time for something that should be so simple.

I'm in, it works

Neil