The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pixelgenius Photokit

DougDolde

Does anyone use this with MacOS and the latest version of Photoshop CS? It was working fine but now the selection windows are blanked out. You can still select the function you want you just can't see it until you pull down the menus. Still works fine for my old copy of CS 6
There is no asking Jeff Schewe or anyone else it's free but no longer supported

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 12.18.22 PM.jpg

DougDolde

I asked Andrew Rodney, one of the developers. He's experienced the same. Adobe must have done something to screw it up in the last update.

Good reason to stop paying Adobe and just use CS 6. I use Photokit and PK Sharpener extensively

Reactions: jsf

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
While I appreciate your sentiment towards Adobe for their marketing strategies, CS 6 (or C1 pre 20 for that matter) won’t run on Catalina, and any new Mac has to have Catalina... (I just recently dealt with getting new systems and having to update to CC, C1-20, and even MS Office!) I hate the entire forced obsolescence routines, and my tech friends call me a luddite because of it lol. But at some point, you’ll have to finally cave.

Last edited:

DougDolde

Well I'm not upgrading to Catalina. And I've no plans to get a new computer, my 2013 Mac Pro suits me fine

MartinN

I bought Photokit Sharpener for money. Besides locked on a windows machine with cs5 the damned Adobe don't allow me to install cs5 on my mac:s. And I upgrade os x only when forced, and my macs are running the fantastic os x Sierra just fine!

jsf

I asked Andrew Rodney, one of the developers. He's experienced the same. Adobe must have done something to screw it up in the last update.

Good reason to stop paying Adobe and just use CS 6. I use Photokit and PK Sharpener extensively
I use Pixel Genius on every output image. Mac and Jeff really designed a fantastic product.