The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suggestions For External HD with SD card port

rollsman44

I want to download the Images from my SD card to an external HD so I dont slow up my computer using the Big files from the Z. I want to review all the images I take and delete the ones I dont want then just drag or transfer just the Files to my computer that I plan to work on. Nothing expensive just for this purpose. TY Dennis

jdphoto

There's many options to transfer your images as Jpg's, but if your transferring RAW images you'll need to convert them to readable file, so you can cull the ones you don't want. Simply inserting a card into a HD will only read the file name. I use adobe to convert RAW to DNG on my desktop and delete the ones I don't want. It's just an extra step, but the results are the same.

iiiNelson

I agree that the gnarbox is a great option and I own one. Another great option are the WD drives that allow one to manage files through a phone app.