Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Version of C1 Pro 4.8

Looks like a update folks
    http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

Here I copied this from Chris

Capture One 4.8 release notes

Introduction
    Newly architected Capture One 4 allows photographers to enhance and develop RAW digital files with
    excellent color and detail reproduction. Providing best possible image quality is a cornerstone in
    Capture One. Tools for this and excellent “out-of-the-box” results are part of the new Capture One 4.

Capture One 4 is designed with an easy workflow in mind, and the simplified new user interface
    leaves more of the screen area to your images.

Highlighted new features
    This new release of Capture One comes in three versions: 4.8, 4.8 PRO and 4.8 DB.

Capture One 4.8 is a free service release to existing Capture One 4.x owners.

Existing customers with Capture One 3.x can upgrade to a similar version of Capture One 4.8 at no
    extra cost.

Capture One 4.8 includes:

- Localized versions of the application and user documentation into:
    o Chinese (simplified), Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and
    Swedish.

- New cameras supported
    o Phase One P 40+ incl. tethered capture
    o Olympus E-620

- Image Quality improvements
    o Enhancements for P65+
    o Enhancements for Leica D-LUX 4
    o Color enhancements for Olympus E-30
    o Improved colors for jpeg and tiff files

- Speed improvements

- Bugfixes

You can learn more about the new release at: http://www.phaseone.com/4

Our tech, Doug Peterson, can help you with any questions that you may have also.

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
    Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Version of C1 Pro 4.8

Okay. I will be the guinea pig. First let me backup. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

here is a question:
    if i convert a hasselblad .fff file to a .dng using Phocus, will C1 4.8 accept that .dng file for processing?

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not sure John maybe Doug can help there.

It seems to be working but just downloaded it. No increase in speed I can see. Let's hope it is stable

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlm View Post
    here is a question:
    if i convert a hasselblad .fff file to a .dng using Phocus, will C1 4.8 accept that .dng file for processing?
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, though I have not tried it myself. If you want to send me such a DNG by yousendit.com to [email protected] I would be happy to try it.

Three caveats though
    1) it's unlikely to be as technically high in IQ as in Phocus since each manufacturer spends weeks tailoring their algorithms to specific backs/cameras (though technical IQ is only one part of raw processing)
    2) Phocus' lens corrections will not carry into the DNG (as I understand it; corrections anyone? David?)
    3) you might hurt the .fff's feelings by using Phase One software to process it

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Not sure John maybe Doug can help there.

It seems to be working but just downloaded it. No increase in speed I can see. Let's hope it is stable
    Increase in speed was measured at 3-5%. So nothing especially meaningful; though, it's always good when speed increases rather than decreases! :-)

I'll have a full report later today. Lots of work to do!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Post Thanks / Like

Downloaded, upgraded and it works wonderfully.

Have the feeling it is faster, although I did no measurements.

I really like the easy way how the Phase SW is updated and works nicely after each update

One of the real compelling reasons for going with Phase as a complete solution

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just downloaded and installed it. Runs fine and builds previews faster on my machine and so far no pizza-wheels waiting for things to happen. I give it a

PS: Guy, I'm moving this to the image processing forum since it is not specific to MF -- okay?
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Capture One 4.8 release notes
    Capture One 4.8 includes:

- Localized versions of the application and user documentation into:
    Swedish.
    Good heavens! And I didn´t even notice..... Guess I´ve gotten accustomed using English whenever running most SW.

And, after trying it, I have to say the C 1 Swedish is really excellent, both in the panels and the manual; a real pleasure!

(The "Swedish" in, say, Lightroom 2´s Swedish version, for example, is absolutely laughable; they seem to have hired a translator who has never used a camera....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just downloaded and installed and all went smoothly. First impressions are that it stutters less than previous versions. I didn't notice anything exceptional regarding speed etc but the less buggy performance is great IMHO.

I use mine for both M8 and Nikon files and both work really well. My understanding about Phocus and C1 are identical to that expressed by Doug. The lens corrections from Phocus to carry over in the DNG which is to be processed by C1. Shame on Hasselblad for doing this to us. Lens corrections for software corrected lenses are a really big deal. This is particularly true for really wide angles like the 28 and Phocus does a really good job at it. But Phocus has limitations as does C1. Taken together they form a powerful team. But because Hassy has taken away the abillity to carry lens corrections for use in the DNG file that power is destroyed.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    I just downloaded and installed and all went smoothly. First impressions are that it stutters less than previous versions. I didn't notice anything exceptional regarding speed etc but the less buggy performance is great IMHO.

I use mine for both M8 and Nikon files and both work really well. My understanding about Phocus and C1 are identical to that expressed by Doug. The lens corrections from Phocus to carry over in the DNG which is to be processed by C1. Shame on Hasselblad for doing this to us. Lens corrections for software corrected lenses are a really big deal. This is particularly true for really wide angles like the 28 and Phocus does a really good job at it. But Phocus has limitations as does C1. Taken together they form a powerful team. But because Hassy has taken away the abillity to carry lens corrections for use in the DNG file that power is destroyed.

Woody
    Woody Am I missing something here. When you process a raw file through any raw converter doesn t the output have to be a TIFF to include the conversion. Can you have a processed DNG as an output or is the raw converter just passing the original DNG on.

Roger

VeEuzUKY

Exclamation Workspace Toolbar Configuration...

This is probably a really silly question with a simple answer but I cant find a solution. I'm running C1 4.8.1 on Windows with limited screen space so I choose the HIDE TOOLBAR option under the View Menu. Unfortunately, every time I start the application, the toolbar is there again and I have to go hide it once again. Next time the same. The setting is never kept permanently. is there a way to permanently hide the toolbar so when the program is launched its hidden by default?

Thanks so much