The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are C1 conversions really better than LR?

jonoslack

I think I owe the forum a updated report on my hot rod MacBook Pro that i did with help from Jack, Bob and Lloyd with bouncing ideas and solutions around. This thing is working extremely well but the cost is high to get the maximum performance from a MPB. I honestly don't miss my Mac Pro and I can still make it faster
HI Guy
Glad to hear it's working out well

We've just had a swap around of laptops here. I was using a unibody 15" MBP 2.53 / 4Gb 320gb 7200 drive. It was fine - clearly not as quick as yours, but it did work pretty well.

Silas has it now, and I replaced it with a 17" with a 2.66Gb / 4gb / 320Gb 5400 drive (and the nice non-glare screen). I thought it'd be around the same speed, but I was very very wrong. I've no idea why, but it's much MUCH faster.

I'm planning 8Gb and an SD drive when the prices come down a little, and probably a 500Gb 7200 drive as an interim measure.

I'm sure that Jack can explain why it should be much faster, but I haven't a clue!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I think I owe the forum a updated report on my hot rod MacBook Pro that i did with help from Jack, Bob and Lloyd with bouncing ideas and solutions around. This thing is working extremely well but the cost is high to get the maximum performance from a MPB. I honestly don't miss my Mac Pro and I can still make it faster

Guy You absolutely do need a report maybe a sticky. As soon as my Voyager gets here I can start. 8gb and the 160gbX25M ssd. I like it when you and the experts figure out best practices....do all the tests and then let us know. Thanks for the Help.

Roger