The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 4.8.1 update

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just loaded this new C1 4.8.1 update --- and just installed it directly over the previous 4.8. Anyway, not sure exactly what they tweaked, but it sure feels a lot faster on my 8-core MacPro than 4.8!

:thumbs:

Henry Goh

Shot over 400 product images for catalog yesterday with C1 V4.8.1 on a MacBook Pro tethered and it was flawless and smooth going. Really productive day.

One more vote from me.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Improved P65+ and P40+ long exposure performance
Solved issues occurring when running on Japanese versions of Windows.
Stability improvements

cam

curious, as i am finally upgrading to Pro tomorrow -- has the update fixed the glitch is setting a default for noise reduction?

(i am still loving and using Jack's recommendation for sharpening and usually follow the NR recs as well.)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Update:

I noted a small glitch in that I could not customize my tool menus as before via drag and drop -- the new tools would not stick. So I had to delete my prefs folder and relaunch. This of course means I needed to reset all my prefs, tool-bar items and tools/locations... Took maybe 8 or 10 minutes, but still a PITA...

beamon

Rather than start a new thread for a quick newbie question, here tis...

I will be using C1 4.8.1 for the rendering of the DNG files from my new M8.2. Is there any diifference in rendering from the Pro version compared to the regular that came with the M8.2?

I'll probably settle for rendering in C1 and further PP in LR, but for right now I just want to start using C1

TIA

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roger:

No difference in *RENDERING* using the basic adjustment tools in either program. Pro makes some additional tools available like the color editor and skintone tool.

V

VeEuzUKY

Workspace Toolbar Configuration...

This is probably a really silly question with a simple answer but I cant find a solution. I'm running C1 4.8.1 under Windows XP with limited screen space so I choose the HIDE TOOLBAR option under the View Menu. Unfortunately, every time I re-start the application, the toolbar is there again and I have to go hide it once again. Next time the same. The setting is never kept permanently.

Is there a way to permanently hide the toolbar so when the program is launched its hidden by default?

Thanks so much :)

Don Libby

This may not help but I just opened C1 4.8.1 chose to hide the toolbar closed the program and reopened with the toolbar still hidden. The kicker here is I'm running on Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I'd think that it should work on XP as well.

Don

Don Libby

Interesting - I just tried it again this time on my laptop and it works. Again this is Vista Ultima 64. I know there's a difference of what we can do between Mac and PC however I wasn't aware of a difference between Windows platforms. I'll bud out now...

V

VeEuzUKY

Ahhh, so my problem is not isolated... indeed Mac and Windows versions and substantially different but I am very surprised the Hide Toolbar settings are lost on windows XP 32-bit but kept on Vista 64-bit. I cannot find a registry key where that setting would be kept. CaptureOne keeps all of its user configuration settings in a single file located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Local Settings\Application Data\Phase_One under a simple user.config that can be edited with a TXT editor. Scrolling thru it I see every single parameter of the application's configuration, except of course, the Show/Hide Toolbar. I tried to manually write the line in the same format its used for other settings but the application overwrites the file again and removes any mention to tool bar settings. This said, I cannot understand why it works on Vista 64-bit but not on XP. Clearly, the program has a bug.

There are many other bugs, mostly similar settings losing issues that trouble me. On a application so mature, old and with so many revisions I cannot understand these type of very basic issues have not been addressed. Things like, I usually use the CLARITY setting with the value of 10 but invariably, every time CaptureOne is re-launched its back at 0 and I have to go move the slider every time (well, I just created a preset but still need to go pull it every single time)...

Still, it's the Toolbar always showing up every time is the thing I'd really like to find a solution for. Upgrading to Vista 64-bit to solve this is not an option for me nor do I see how that fixes it because the setting is actually written on a 32-bit/ 64-bit independent TXT configuration ini file…

Don Libby

What I'd like to see is the ability to move the toolbar onto an second monitor like I can do w/CS4.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help; maybe Doug can chime in...

Don